Our engineering teams are dedicated not only to making sure your operations are safe, but to keeping them running full steam ahead at all times, through operations, reliability, and facility design support.
Our experienced technical staff offer professional support to augment your on-site facility operating personnel during peak work or problem periods, with rapid mobilization and response time.
- Process monitoring and evaluation
- Performance optimization
- Control system improvements
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning, and startup assistance
- Operating guidelines
- Performance test procedures
- Process documentation
- Operator and technical staff training
Energy consumption makes up about 30-50% of a refinery’s operating costs, we provide engineering consulting services to help our clients focus on a few major opportunity areas to optimize this spending. Our plan is broken down into four major steps:
- Scope: This first step sets the stage by quantifying expected results, and then defining the scope, objectives, boundaries, plans and schedule for the next steps.
- Assess: Identification and sharing of best practices and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Our engineers will help clients focus attention on areas that present the greatest opportunities for optimization. These usually include improving the operating efficiency of fired heaters, distillation units, and steam systems, along with maximizing heat usage.
- Plan: Engineers assist in the preparation of a high-yield implementation plan, based on the opportunities identified in the Assessment step. We’ll help set priorities by benchmarking expected savings against industry standards.
- Implement: We’ll support plant management in jointly developing performance metrics, targets, and milestones against which to gauge the plan’s progress and effectiveness.